Welcome to the world of buttons!
Do you have a jar of buttons you know nothing about?
Are you interested in antiques, history, sewing, or quilting?
Do you have a passion for learning about different time periods in history?
Or do you just like the tiny objects that are “the world’s smallest antiques?”’
This website – the New Jersey State Button Society — can help you. Our members share an interest in studying, collecting, and preserving clothing buttons, both old and new. At our twice-yearly shows, you can ogle beautiful buttons, learn about them, and maybe get some for yourself. We also offer other opportunities about the history and general knowledge of buttons. Welcome to the New Jersey State!
Join NJSBS!! Annual dues are $10, which includes two bulletins issued in the Spring and Fall. Dues are payable by December 31 for the following year. Mail check made out to NJSBS to Membership Chair Theresa Heulitt, 28 Frilham Lane, Manchester NJ 08759. Questions? email@example.com
Annie had her first judge training presentation on January 23rd. View the video here.
Annie had her second judge training presentation on February 5th. The video will be posted soon. Stay tuned.
POPULAR VOTE (Mount as you Please) for FALL SHOW, September 10
- Cats, 10 or more, Any size. Jane Albanowski, $10, 6, 4.
2) One Postcard and related buttons (any size and amount) mounted on 9×12 card. In memory of Carol Meszaros who was an avid collector of both. Sponsored by Barbara Fox. $50, 35, 20.
3) My Favorite Creative Mounting, minimum one button mounted on 9×12 card. In memory of Marcy Kagan who loved displaying her buttons in creative designs. Sponsored by Ways and Means. $50, 35, 20.
4) 15, Any Size, Buttons Related to Frontier Settlers’ Day to Day Experiences and Encounters. Sponsored by Bergen Button Club. $15,10,5.
5) 20 Any Patriotic Theme. Sponsored by Jersey Shore Button Club. $15,10,5.